Research Associate / Evaluator
The Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation (OEIE) at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS seeks an Evaluator to join a service-oriented multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive and collaborative project development, strategic planning, and evaluation services for local, national, and international projects. A Master’s degree is required. The Evaluator will report to the OEIE Director and work in collaboration with team members to develop and implement program evaluations, including project design, work plans, instrument development, data management and analyses, reports and presentations. Some overnight travel, night and weekend work is required to fulfill responsibilities of position.
OEIE is a fast-paced and growing office at Kansas State University. OEIE provides technical assistance and capacity building services in evaluation and program development to various state and federal agencies, universities, foundations, and businesses. OEIE has conducted research and evaluation services for over 200 projects totaling $250 million sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity, Kansas Board of Regents, Kansas State Department of Education, and Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Kansas Health Foundation, and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, to name a few. Additional details about funded projects and services can be found on the OEIE website at http://www.k-state.edu/oeie/.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in evaluation, education, social science, or related field.
- Ability to design and implement program evaluations or applied research.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects and deadlines with attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to produce well-crafted reports and clearly present complex information to various audiences.
- Develop data analysis plans and analyze data using appropriate methods.
- Prepare technical evaluation reports, briefings and presentations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct descriptive statistical analysis of data using computer software (i.e., SPSS and/or SAS).
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments.
- Three to five years of experience working in the field of evaluation.
- Extensive experience organizing and facilitating focus groups.
- Extensive experience conducting various research methods to gather data, including document reviews, case studies, surveys, focus groups, observations, and interviews either face-to-face or by phone or video.
- Broad knowledge of the current research-based principles, theories, and practices of evaluation.
- Experience providing training and technical assistance, as well as knowledge, of adult education concepts.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Appointment Conditions: Term 12-month appointment contingent upon needs for services and funding.
- Submit a cover letter addressing how your qualifications and skills relate to the position
- Submit a resume or curriculum vita listing education, employment history, and other relevant professional information
- Submit the names, phone number, and email address of three professional references
- Copy of unofficial transcript
Email application material to:email@example.comSubject Line: Research Associate / Evaluator
ATTN: Research Associate / Evaluator
Office of Educational Innovation & Evaluation
Kansas State University
2323 Anderson Avenue, Suite 220
Manhattan, KS 66502
Screening Applications: Screening of applications will begin December 18, 2013 and continues until position is filled.
For more information about our office and related projects, please visit our web site at: http://www.ksu.edu/oeie/.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.